Private Investigation Prosper, TX

The TexPart Team was called to a private residence in Prosper to investigate reports of paranormal activity.  The home was a 2007 2 story brick home in a fairly quiet subdivision.  The two occupants were pleasant and level headed.  There were 2 friendly dogs living on site as well  The clients told us that they were concerned because they believed their small grandchild was experiencing something they could not explain.  They heard their grandbaby talking to someone in the room and they knew no one was in the room. They also experienced problems with the baby monitor and heard footsteps in the empty guest room.  

The Investigation

Four members of TexPart ("The Team") arrived at the home in the mid-afternoon as activity was not prone to occur at any specific time.   The area surrounding the home was pretty quiet for a subdivision and nothing could be noted that might have explained any of the noises or experiences felt or heard by the clients. The team investigated using numerous devices and methods.  Burst EVP sessions were used to try to capture any disembodied voices or answers to questions unheard by the team during the sessions.  Several interesting responses were actually captured during our sessions using a device called "the spiritus".  The spiritus app is a spirit box type device uses a word cache that is run backwards using various voices.  While the EVP session seemed to yield responses of a personal nature that related directly with the individuals in the room, no EVPs were obtained relating to the claims in that home at that time.  An unexplainable video was actually caught while walking in the hallway outside the grandchild's room.  The video showed the tiny rocking chair in the room rocking all by itself in the empty room.  The person that videoed the occurrence was in the hall several feet away and had not stepped into the room.  The chair actually rocked for several seconds on the carpeted floor.  When we tried to debunk this, our investigators could only get the chair to rock twice on the thick carpet before stopping. This was the only paranormal occurrence that we were able to obtain on video. Investigators did hear walking sounds as reported by clients while they were investigating the rooms directly below the upper rooms.  No EVPs were captured demonstrating these sounds but since all were accounted for in the home and no one was present in the upper rooms at the time, investigators were unable to explain those sounds.

Based on what evidence we did find, we did feel that something was going on that needed some resolution.   TexPart worked with the clients to educated them about how stress and worry effects energy in a home which then could then create some forms of paranormal activity.  People do cause hauntings in high stress situations and it is important that those tensions are discussed and a plan is made to help them get resolved in order to diffuse human based paranormal activities.  The team did use the prayers given to us by our priest as the home was cleared by using dragons blood and frankincense and sage as has been instructed by our priest.

The Clients report that the activity had decreased drastically.

Investigation at Fierce Motions in Van Alstyne Texas

This investigation was done in preparation for the Van Alstyne History and Haunts Tour in October.  

One of Texpart's passions is being able to associate a haunting with an event or person in history through research, observation, photography and recording.  The process sometimes takes years to actually accomplish but it is an amazing journey!

We were invited by Fierce Motions Dance Studio to research, document and investigate this location and any activity it may have.  The studio is located in one of the many of the towns historical buildings.  Van Alstyne was founded in 1873.  It is one of the only towns in Grayson County named after a female. The building that houses the dance studio was originally built by Charlie E. Carter in 1890 to house a grocery store on the first floor and one of the first opera house's in North Texas on the second floor. 

 Noted musicians, actors and stock companies from Chicago performed in the C. E. Opera House, attracting crowds of people from the area.  This lasted until 1910 and then the opera house was dismantled.  With a rich, long-standing history we often find these old buildings have a sort of personality and "memory" that often steps up when there is any new action, trauma, or in most cases reconfiguration- aka remodeling- that happens inside those old walls.

The Team interviewed the studios owner and she showed us some CCT footage she captured of orb activity on the cameras both during operation hours and overnight.  She also told us above some paranormal activity she as well as others in the studio had witnessed and told us about being locked in the bathroom (where the door doesn't actually fully close normally) upstairs. Incidentally that particular bathroom was one of the original bathrooms where actors could dress and it even had the original clawfoot tub where they could bathe.  The upstairs had a fire at one point in history and was just one large open space and needed remodeled to become an office, sound studio and a couple of additional studios for tap and small children's dance studio. It was during the renovation phase that activity ramped up.

We arrived at the building at about 6pm.  After a tour and interview session, the team set up equipment in the areas most reported to be active.  Some of the claims for this location was equipment that turned itself on and off, equipment malfunctions, voices, a door between studios on the first floor that open and closed on its own accord and the sound of a child upstairs.  Toys were set up and marked as trigger objects throughout both floors and cameras were set up in the upstairs children's studio, tap studio, in an observation area pointed towards the bathrooms upstairs where the owner was locked in and at the hall where she had seen a shadow figure cross.

We stayed for about 3 hours that evening.  We did have some notable things happen.  First, our cameras malfunctioned....not one but all of them!  Usually this can be contributed to something very normal- an older camera, bad batteries, poor connection and user error being the top of the list.  However, this absolutely could not be the case that evening.  Camera 1 was placed on the first floor where the door between studios opened.  No one was on that floor when the camera changed positions.  It just did it on its own.  Camera #2 was new.  Everything from the camera to the battery was new and it was actually plugged in so it did not rely on the battery yet it shut down continuously.  Camera 3 was an older camera but it had proven itself dependable. It was also plugged into the wall and yet it shut down on its own as well.  We tested each of the plugs and there was a consistent electrical output so we weren't able to blame it on power surges.  Interestingly, the toy we set in the middle of the tap studio floor moved.  However, it moved after the camera in that room shut down and weirder yet, we all heard what sounded like a Childs voice come from that room.  It was very loud and clear!  We were able to capture the voice on the recorders and the timestamp tells us that it occurred when the camera in the same room shut down.   

While the evidence gathered that evening wasn't overwhelming and abundant, it was very interesting and we weren't able to debunk it.   For me, hearing a voice come from a room I know is empty and is not one of our investigators is always intriguing.  I do believe that there is more going on than meets the eye here and it looks like this location will definitely warrant a follow-up investigation.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.