Texas Paranormal Advanced Research Team is a paranormal research organization that is dedicated to investigating phenomenon that is out of the ordinary or unexplained.
Our goal is to think outside normal schools of thought by combining critical thinking with creative thought and by merging problem solving techniques with more unconventional spiritual techniques in order to find answers, make informed conclusions and analysis of paranormal activity.
We investigate to find reasonable and logical explanations for any activity that is thought to be paranormal in nature before making conclusions.
All our investigations are conducted in a professional manner using specialized equipment, scientific methods and techniques. We bring many years of experience to our clients and a genuine understanding of their need for help. TexPart’s services are always free of charge and we work with you to conduct an investigation that will fit your needs and schedule.
Although Paranormal Research is not an exact science, our many years of research and investigative experience gives us the knowledge & tools to find an honest answer for you.
What to expect:
Equipment we may use:
TexPart is a non-profit organization. This means that we, as investigators, are voluntary and do not get paid. Our main purpose is to help those in need of paranormal assistance. We are invited to private residences as well as businesses to investigate claims of possible paranormal activity. Many of these locations are small and we must limit our team size to avoid overcrowding and evidence contamination. TexPart is given the client's trust each time we are invited to a residence or business, therefore we are careful to maintain our clients confidence, integrity and privacy. While we see many good prospects apply to be TexPart investigators, we have to be very careful about who we select to be investigators for both our clients' sake as well as the safety of our team members.
Because of the confidential nature of our business, we are not structured like social groups such as Meet-up groups. We encourage anyone new to the paranormal investigation field to start out by joining one of the local meet-up groups. Many of our group members got their start in this field by joining a meet-up group. The experiences these groups provide can be invaluable later as a dedicated investigator. However, unfortunately not all meet-up groups are as helpful as others. Please feel free to contact us for recommendations.
Our clients are looking for answers and help for their paranormal problems. They look to us for evidence, explanations and recommendations to help them resolve issues and return their lives to normal. In pursuit of professionalism and credibility, we seek out certain individuals that align with our teams needs: just as an employer seeks applicants with certain qualities and abilities to fill positions.
First of all, we seek people who can be objective. At times, we experience unexplainable phenomenon on investigations. For various psychological and environmental reasons we cannot jump to the conclusion that what we experienced was a ghost. We have to look for explanations for our experiences no matter how agitated we may be. This is true of personal experiences and evidence.
Our team members do, at times, encounter the paranormal. Many times these experiences will take us by surprise. We depend on our team members to remain calm and continue exploring these experiences. Our members have to be emotionally prepared for the things that we might (and have) encountered.
A paranormal investigation is also something that takes commitment. It is more than a Saturday night ghost hunt. (Interview process) Our members will spend time discussing the claims by our clients. We arrange dates for investigations. We travel to various locations around the north Texas and the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex. As we unload and set up our equipment we are also taking notes about the location and recording data.
A typical investigation involves spend several hours “talking to people that may not be there.” After many hours of frustrating silence and no activity, we pack up our equipment and drive back home. A day or two after the investigation (ideally this is as soon as possible) we spend double or triple the amount of time in reviewing our data, pictures, video and audio. Sometimes we to do historical research about the locations. After we type up our reports and submit them, the final report is delivered with a client follow up. At times our investigations may take place on a Saturday at 7 pm. Other times we have to work around business schedules and start after midnight, or plan for a weekday. In other words, it can be very time consuming. Our members have to be committed to the investigations they attend to follow through for the sake of the client.
* You must have reliable transportation to the investigations- many investigations are outside the Dallas metroplex at locations 1-3 hours away.
* You must also be willing to be a team player. We work as a team to help our clients.
* You do not have to have experience, but it is helpful.
* You do not have to attend every investigation. However, it is important that you stay active by responding to the message boards, emailing and attending trainings and or meetings. Check the calendar on this site frequently as we keep our investigations posted and anything team related about those investigations is posted on the yahoo board site. It is YOUR responsibility to check in and let us know whether you are available or not. Communication is important to good team work. If you are not receiving emails or yahoo notices please let us know so that we can remedy the problem.
* You must be willing to attend 2-3 recommended classes/or training sessions per year to further your knowledge and understanding in the paranormal field.
* Anyone under 18, please let us know. We do have a team for those ages 13-15 on our TexPart Jr. team and ages 16-18 on our TexPart teen team (with parental consent).
* Anyone applying for TexPart membership must also agree to a background check including criminal activities.
If you are interested in becoming a TexPart team member please contact us.
The Judge. One of our favorite members!!